User Privacy Statement
Borzo collects information about you when you use our mobile applications, websites, (collectively, the “Services”) and through other interactions and communications you have with us.
Scope and Application
This Privacy Statement (“Statement”) applies to persons anywhere in the world who use our apps/website or Services to request, delivery of goods/parcel services (“Users”). This Statement does apply to information we collect from or about couriers who use the Borzo platform under license (collectively “Couriers”). If you interact with the Services as both a User and a Courier, the respective privacy statements apply to your different interactions.
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us, such as when you create or modify your account, request on-demand services, contact customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. This information may include: name, email, phone number, postal address, profile picture, payment method, items requested (for delivery services), delivery notes, and other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Through Your Use of Our Services
When you use our Services, we collect information about you in the following general categories:
- Location Information: When you use the Services for delivery of goods, we collect precise location data about the Delivery of goods from the Borzo app used by the Courier. If you permit the Borzo app to access location services through the permission system used by your mobile operating system (“platform”), we may also collect the precise location of your device when the app is running in the foreground or background. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address.
The location information of the Courier shall be shared with you and Borzo at the time when the Courier is providing services of delivery as assigned to him. We do not share location information, with third parties except for the purpose to provide the services, connected to the delivery, to creation of the analyses, reports or other such analytical corroborated information which will assist Borzo in improving the service offerings.
The location information so collected shall be stored on our servers in the App or otherwise as per the storage policies of Borzo. Any anonymized information shall be stored at the Borzo’s discretion.
After you have stopped using Borzo app for the delivery services or the Courier has stopped to provide the delivery services to Borzo or your contract with Borzo has been terminated, уou may write to the Company at [email protected] and request Borzo to remove such information.
- Contacts Information: If you permit the Borzo app to access the address book on your device through the permission system used by your mobile platform, we may access and store names and contact information from your address book to facilitate social interactions through our Services and for other purposes described in this Statement or at the time of consent or collection.
- Transaction Information: We collect transaction details related to your use of our Services, including the type of service requested, date and time the service was provided, amount charged, distance of delivery of goods, and other related transaction details.
- Device Information: We may collect information about your mobile device, including, for example, the hardware model, operating system and version, software and file names and various, preferred language, unique device identifier, advertising identifiers, serial number, device motion information, and mobile network information.
- Call and SMS Data: Our Services facilitate communications between Users and Couriers. In connection with facilitating this service, we receive call data, including the date and time of the call or SMS message, the parties’ phone numbers, and the content of the SMS message.
- Log Information: When you interact with the Services, we collect server logs, which may include information like device IP address, access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and the third-party site or service you were using before interacting with our Services.
Important Information About Platform Permissions
Most mobile platforms (iOS, Android, etc.) have defined certain types of device data that apps cannot access without your consent. And these platforms have different permission systems for obtaining your consent. The iOS platform will alert you the first time the Borzo app wants permission to access certain types of data and will let you consent (or not consent) to that request. Android devices will notify you of the permissions that the Borzo app seeks before you first use the app, and your use of the app constitutes your consent. To learn about the platform-level permissions that the app seeks, please visit our new iOS Permissions page and Android Permissions page. Sometimes these permissions require more explanation than the platforms themselves provide, and the permissions we request will change over time, so we’ve created these pages to serve as authoritative and up-to-date resources for our users.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also receive information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example:
- If you choose to link, create, or log in to your Borzo account with a payment provider (e.g., Google Wallet) or social media service (e.g., Facebook), or if you engage with a separate app or website that uses our API (or whose API we use), we may receive information about you or your connections from that site or app.
- When you request on demand services, our Couriers may provide us with a User rating after providing services to you.
- If you also interact with our Services in another capacity, for instance as a Courier or user of other apps we provide, we may combine or associate that information with information we have collected from you in your capacity as a User
Use of Information
We may use the information we collect about you to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our Services, including, for example, to facilitate payments, send receipts, provide products and services you request (and send related information), develop new features, provide customer support to Users and Couriers, develop safety features, authenticate users, and send product updates and administrative messages;
- Perform internal operations, including, for example, to prevent fraud and abuse of our Services; to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems; to conduct data analysis, testing, and research; and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends;
- Send or facilitate communications (i) between you and a Courier or (ii) between you and a contact of yours whom you wish to deliver the goods, at your direction in connection with your use of certain features, such as expected date and time of delivery of goods, name and details of courier who will be providing delivery services.
- Send you communications we think will be of interest to you, including information about products, services, promotions, news, and events of Borzo PHILIPPINES and other companies, where permissible and according to local applicable laws; and to process contest, sweepstake, or other promotion entries and fulfill any related awards;
- Personalize and improve the Services, including to provide or recommend features, content, social connections, referrals, and advertisements.
We may transfer the information described in this Statement to, and process and store it in he Philippines. Where this is the case, we will take appropriate measures to protect your personal information in accordance with this Statement.
Sharing of Information
We may share the information we collect about you as described in this Statement or as described at the time of collection or sharing, including as follows:
Through Our Services
We may share your information:
- With Couriers to enable them to provide the Services you request. For example, we share your name, average User rating given by Couriers, and pickup and delivery locations of goods with Couriers;
- With the general public if you submit content in a public forum, such as blog comments, social media posts, or other features of our Services that are viewable by the general public;
- With third parties with whom you choose to let us share information, for example other apps or websites that integrate with our API or Services, or those with an API or Service with which we integrate;
Other Important Sharing
We may share your information:
- With Borzo subsidiaries and affiliated entities that provide services or conduct data processing on our behalf, or for data centralization and / or logistics purposes;
- With vendors, consultants, marketing partners, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information by a competent authority if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or is otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation, or legal process;
- With law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our User agreements, Terms of Service, or policies, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Borzo or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company;
- If we otherwise notify you and you consent to the sharing;
- In an aggregated and/or anonymized form which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Social Sharing Features
The Services may integrate with social sharing features and other related tools which let you share actions you take on our Services with other apps, sites, or media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the social sharing service. Please refer to the privacy policies of those social sharing services for more information about how they handle the data you provide to or share through them.
Analytics and Advertising Services Provided by Others
You may correct your account information at any time by logging into your online or in-app account. Please note that in some cases we may retain certain information about you as required by law, or for legitimate business purposes to the extent permitted by law. For instance, if you have a standing credit or debt on your account, or if we believe you have committed fraud or violated our Terms, we may seek to resolve the issue before deleting your information.
Borzo will comply with individual’s requests regarding access, correction, and/or deletion of the personal data it stores in accordance with applicable law.
We may also seek permission for our app’s collection and syncing of contact information from your device per the permission system used by your mobile operating system. If you initially permit the collection of this information, iOS users can later disable it by changing the contacts settings on your mobile device. The Android platform does not provide such a setting.
You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us by following the instructions in those messages. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account, about Services you have requested, or our ongoing business relations.
Cookies and Advertising
Please refer to our Cookie Statement for more information about your choices around cookies and related technologies.
Changes to the Statement
We may change this Statement from time to time. If we make significant changes in the way we treat your personal information, or to the Statement, we will provide you notice through the Services or by some other means, such as email. Your continued use of the Services after such notice constitutes your consent to the changes. We encourage you to periodically review the Statement for the latest information on our privacy practices.
The Service may provide, or third parties may provide, links to other Internet sites or resources. Because Wefast India Private Limited has no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that Wefast India Private Limited is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that Wefast India Private Limited shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of, or reliance upon, any such content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource.
You (client) have the right to choose whether or not to accept cookies. However, they are an important part of how our Services work, so you should be aware that if you choose to refuse or remove cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of the Services.
Cookie Statement (global)
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your browser or device by websites, apps, online media, and advertisements. There are different types of cookies. Cookies served by the entity that operates the domain you are visiting are called “first party cookies.” So cookies served by Borzo while you are on https://borzodelivery.com/in/ are first party cookies. Cookies served by companies that are not operating the domain you’re visiting are called “third party cookies.” So, we may allow Google to set a cookie on your browser while you visit https://borzodelivery.com/in/, and that would be a third party cookie. Cookies may also endure for different periods of time. “Session Cookies” only last only as long as your browser is open. These are deleted automatically once you close your browser. Other cookies are “persistent cookies” meaning that they survive after your browser is closed. For example, they may recognize your device when you re-open your browser and browse the internet again.
Other Identification Technologies
We call this a Cookie Statement, but the statement addresses cookies and other identification technologies we may use or permit on our Services. “Pixel tags” (also called beacons or pixels) are small blocks of code installed on (or called by) a webpage, app, or advertisement which can retrieve certain information about your device and browser, including for example: device type, operating system, browser type and version, website visited, time of visit, referring website, IP address, and other similar information, including the small text file (the cookie) that uniquely identifies the device. Pixels provide the means by which third parties can set and read browser cookies from a domain that they do not themselves operate and collect information about visitors to that domain, typically with the permission of the domain owner. “Local storage” refers generally to other places on a browser or device where information can be stored by websites, ads, or third parties (such as HTML5 local storage and browser cache). “Software Development Kits” (also called SDKs) function like pixels and cookies, but operate in the mobile app context where pixels and cookies cannot always function. The primary app developer can install pieces of code (the SDK) from partners in the app, and thereby allow the partner to collect certain information about user interaction with the app and information about the user device and network information.
You have the right to choose whether or not to accept cookies. However, they are an important part of how our Services work, so you should be aware that if you choose to refuse or remove cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of the Services.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. To do so, please follow the instructions provided by your browser which are usually located within the “Help” or “Preferences” menu. Some third parties also provide the ability to refuse their cookies directly by clicking on an opt-out link, and we have indicated where this is possible in the table above.
Removing or rejecting browser cookies does not necessarily affect third-party flash cookies which may be used by us or our partners in connection with our Services. To delete or disable flash cookies please visit this site for more information.
Types and Purposes of Cookies
The following list sets out the different categories of cookies that our Services use and why we use them. The lists of third party cookie providers are intended merely as illustrative not comprehensive.
- Type of cookie: Authentication Cookies
Purpose: These cookies (including local storage and similar technologies) tell us when you’re logged in, so we can show you the appropriate experience and features such as your account informationand to edit your account settings.
Who serves: Borzo
- Type of cookie: Security and site integrity cookies
Purpose: We use these cookies to support or enable security features to help keep Borzo safe and secure. For example, they enable us to remember when you are logged into a secure area of the Services andhelp protect your account from being accessed by anyone other than you.
Who serves: Borzo
- Type of cookie: Localization
Purpose: These help Borzo provide a localized experience. For example, we may store information in a cookie that is placed on your browser or device so you will see the site in your preferred language.
Who serves: Borzo
- Type of cookie: Site features and Services
Who serves: Borzo; Facebook; Twitter Google
- Type of cookie: Analytics and research
Who serves: Google; MixPanel; Optimizely
- Type of cookie: Advertising
Purpose: Things like cookies and pixels are used to deliver relevant ads, track ad campaign performance and efficiency. For example, we and our ad partners may rely on information gleaned through these cookies to serve you ads that may be interesting to you on other websites. Similarly, our partners may use a cookie, attribution service or another similar technology to determine whether we’ve served an ad and how it performed or provide us with information about how you interact with them.
Who serves: Borzo; Google; Facebook; AOL; Microsoft; Yahoo; Drawbridge; Indeed; Recruitics; RocketFuel; Simplyhired; Twitter; Ziprecruiter; Mixpanel; HasOffers/Tune; Adjust; AdRoll; Quantcast; Kenshoo
Borzo Copyright Policy
Notification of Copyright Infringement:
Wefast India Private Limited India, (“Borzo”) respects the intellectual property rights of others and expects its users to do the same.
It is Borzo’s policy, in appropriate circumstances and at its discretion, to disable and/or terminate the accounts of users who repeatedly infringe or are repeatedly charged with infringing the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of others.
In accordance with the Indian copyright act 2012, Borzo will respond expeditiously to claims of copyright infringement committed using the Borzo website or other online network accessible through a mobile device or other type of device (the “Sites”) that are reported to Borzo’s Designated Copyright Agent, identified in the sample notice below.
If you are a copyright owner, or are authorized to act on behalf of one, or authorized to act under any exclusive right under copyright, please report alleged copyright infringements taking place on or through the Sites by completing the following Notice of Alleged Infringement and delivering it to Borzo’s Designated Copyright Agent. Upon receipt of the Notice as described below, Borzo will take whatever action, in its sole discretion, it deems appropriate, including removal of the challenged material from the Sites.
Notice of Alleged Infringement under Indian copyright act 2012 (“Notice”)
- Identify the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed, or – if multiple copyrighted works are covered by this Notice – you may provide a representative list of the copyrighted works that you claim have been infringed.
- Identify the material that you claim is infringing (or to be the subject of infringing activity) and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material, including at a minimum, if applicable, the URL of the link shown on the Site(s) where such material may be found.
- Provide your mailing address, telephone number, and, if available, email address.
- Include both of the following statements in the body of the Notice:
“I hereby state that I have a good faith belief that the disputed use of the copyrighted material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law (e.g., as a fair use).”
“I hereby state that the information in this Notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that I am the owner, or authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of the copyright or of an exclusive right under the copyright that is allegedly infringed.”
- Provide your full legal name and your electronic or physical signature.
Deliver this Notice, with all items completed, to Borzo’s Designated Copyright Agent: