This statement outlines how Borzo Malaysia Sdn Bhd (“Borzo”) collects, uses, processes, maintains and discloses your personal data in compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 of Malaysia. Borzo collects information about you when you access our website, register and use our web based applications, our mobile applications, and other online products and services (our “Services”). These Services are provided by Borzo.
Scope and Application
This Privacy Statement (“Statement”) applies to anyone who use our Services to register as a customer for delivery services that we offer (“Users”). This Statement does not apply to information we collect from Couriers (our “Couriers”). If you interact with the Services as both a User and a Courier, the respective privacy statements apply to your different interactions.
Sources of Information
Information Provided by You Directly
We collect information you provide directly to us, such as when you register an account with us or when you modify you account details post registration, when you request an on-demand delivery services, or when you contact us. This information may include: name, email, phone number, address, company name, company address, payment details, delivery notes, customer/delivery recipient information and other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Through Your Use of Our Services
When you use our Services, we collect information about you including the followings:
- Location Information: When you use our delivery services, we collect location data from Borzo mobile app used by the Courier. We may collect all informations about your current location when the app is running and even when the app is in background. We have the absolute rights to share this information with the User who ordered the delivery while you are assigned to the said delivery. We shall have the right to store information about your location for a short period of time .
- Transaction Information: We collect details of the transactions related to your use of our Services, including the types of items delivered, the weight/dimension of the items delivered, date and time the service was provided, amount charged, distance traveled, and other related transaction details. Additionally, if someone uses your promo code, we may associate your name with that person.
- Device Information: We may collect information about your electronic device (computer, tablets, mobile device, etc), including, for example, the hardware model, operating system and version, software and file names and version, preferred language, unique device identifier, advertising identifiers, serial number, device motion information, and network information.
- Call and SMS Data: Our Services facilitate communications between Users and Courier. In connection with facilitating this service, we receive call data, including the date and time of the call or SMS message, the parties’ phone numbers, and the content of the SMS message.
- Log Information: When you interact with our Services, we collect server logs, which may include information like device IP address, access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and the third-party site or service you were using before interacting with our Services.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also receive information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. This includes, for example, information obtained if you engage with a separate app or website that uses our API (or whose API we use), we may receive information about you or your connections from that site or app and when our DAs provide us with User ratings for delivery services provided to you.
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of the information collected about you, which may include (but not limited to): SSL certificate signing, TLS encryption, and hashed password storage.
Use of Information
We may use the information we collect about you to:
- Personalize and improve our Services to you, including to provide or recommend features, content, social connections, referrals, and advertisements.
- Facilitate our Services to you, including, for example, to facilitate payments, send notifications, send receipts, provide products and services you request (and send related information), develop new features, provide customer support to Users and Couriers, develop safety features, authenticate users, and send product updates and administrative messages;
- For internal operational purposes, including, for example, to prevent fraud and abuse of our Services; to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems; to conduct data analysis, testing, and research; and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends;
- Facilitate communications (i) between you and the Couriers, such as estimated times of arrival (ETAs), or (ii) between you and a contact of yours at your direction in connection with your use of certain features, such as referrals, invites, or sharing of location tracking;
- Send you information that may be of interest to you, including information about new services, promotions, events etc;
Sharing of Information
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties the information we collect about you. However, we share certain information with trusted partners and parties that are involved in providing Services to you including the Couriers (for example Borzo and delivery location), with the named recipients of the delivery items (for example your name and nature of the item), and with other trusted third parties who assist us in our business and operations including business consultants, market consultants, investors, and financiers, so long as those parties agree to keep this information strictly confidential.
We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. Non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
By continuing using the website, our web based applications, our mobile applications, and other online products and services you agree, accept and give consent to Borzo delivery to use and transfer your Personal data within and outside the jurisdiction of Malaysia which is necessary for the performance of the contract dor the use of Services and dealing between the data subject and the data user.
Analytics and Advertising Services Provided by Others
We do use certain cookies (such as Google Analytics’ cookies) and other similar technologies. The cookies used are for the purpose of enabling you to use the service (for example to enable you to complete a registration or access information) and for us to understand and save your preferences for future visits, keep track of advertisements and compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interaction so that we can offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may contract with third-party service providers to assist us in better understanding our site visitors. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf except to help us conduct and improve our business.
You can choose to disable cookies (through your browser or device settings) although you should be aware that this may prevent you from being able to use all parts of our Services.
Changes to the Statement
Our Privacy Statement may change from time to time. We will notify you of any significant changes to the Statement via our Services or other means, including emails. Your continued use of the Services after such notice constitutes your consent to the changes.